Friday, June 01, 2007

Spirit of Free Beer

The results are in for this year's Spirit of Free Beer.
My first ever homebrewing prize!

Click for full results:

SoFB is a nationally sanctioned homebrew competition,
open to anyone, and organized by my local homebrewing Club,
the Brewers United for Real Potables (BURP).

Yes I have been a proud BURPer for a good 6 years or so now.
I've been sporadically and lackadaisically brewing beer for
about 10 years now, yet i had never won or even placed in any
of the 5 or 6 competitions I had entered.

This time I benefited from the direct help of the famed Wendell,
it was Beth's lucky first brew and we got some kick-ass
yeast slurry from a local professional brewer.

Not only did we win the 3rd prize in the hotly disputed
Robust Porter category, but we won the top honor
for Extract Brewing.

Yeeeehaw!
Cheers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mighty goddamned proud of you son, now, let me git a couple of kegs fur this shindig I'm throwin'.
Ya'll do delivery?